Head Lice Removal In Crugers, NY
- Hello all today I would like to take the time to go over a few different random facts regarding head lice.
- Male lice typically have bigger legs in front however, females are usually larger than males as a whole.
- Lice cannot fly, jump, or glide and rely on there strong talon like hands for the power to migrate.
- Female lice tend to lay three to five eggs a day these eggs are attached at the base of the hair’s in an attempt to protect them. The female will then secrete liquids which prove to be adhesive in nature protecting the eggs from the movement of the host.
- The word nit refers to any eggs which have already hatched or for some reason are dead.
- For the most part head lice do not transfer diseases. The only cases of which one was transferred to the host was in the event of constant scratching which inspired infections to the host.
- That being said Head Lice are more or less non threatening and do not cause any substantial harm to the host.
- Head lice which are typically a milky color begin to turn brownish red when they feed on the blood of the host.
- All stages of head lice from baby to adult feed upwards of four to six times a day.
- It is said that six to ten million children are treated for head lice in the United States every year.
Thanks for Reading! If you have any questions or concerns regarding head lice please give me Dale Longworth a call at 914.424.1367 .