Head Lice Removal for Pocantico Hills,
When you or your child is suffering from a Lice Infestation in Pocantico Hills, NY you need to seek out a Head Lice Removal Service immediately. There are many common mistakes made by parents that can make the infestation harder to remove or increase the longevity of the infestation. One of the most common mistakes made is using a hairdryer. This is bad for two reasons; some head lice scalp treatments have flammable ingredients. Secondly, because you can cause the spreading of lice into your home by blowing them off of the hair.
Its important not to use any shampoos or conditioners in combination with the removal medicine. This can prevent the medicine for working at its potential. Furthermore, you do not want to wash your child’s hair for at least 48 hours after the initial application. This can also weaken the medicine. If the medicine is not effective in removing the lice it is important that you do not attempt to use it several more times. This typically means a different medicine may be necessary.
Remember, head lice are not a symptom of bad hygiene. These infestations are fairly common across people of all ages, in all areas of the world. To prevent the spread of head lice make sure that your children follow these guidelines.
- Do not have head to head contact with other kids, even while playing.
- Do not share hats, brushes, combs, towels, helmets, or anything that goes on someone else’s head.
- Make sure kids do not use bedding, pillows,carpets, rugs, or covers used by other kids who recently had lice.
- Every few days check your kids scalp if they have been around anyone with lice.
- Keep an eye out for the irremovable white, gray, tan, or brown dots that are actually nits.