- HomeFront Page
- ServicesLice Removal
- ResourcesLice Info
- Our Lice Removal GalleryOur Photo Galleries
- ContactGet In Touch
1. Egg is laid on hair shaft. Egg is called a ‘nit’.
2. Louse emerges after 6-7 days.
3. First moult 2 days after hatching.
4. Second moult 5 days after hatching.
5. Third moult 10 days after hatching.
6. Emerging from their third moult as adult lice, the female and slightly similar male begin to reproduce.
7. Female lays first egg 1 or 2 days after mating.
8. Female can lay approximately 3 to 8 eggs per day for the next 16 days.
9. Female bugs can lay 100 or more eggs in a 14-day cycle
9. Having lived 32 to 35 days, the louse dies.